An introduction to permaculture (6 hours)
‘Permaculture’ is the combination of the words ‘permanent’ with ‘agriculture’ and ‘culture’. It is an approach to life which aims to meet human needs whilst enhancing biodiversity, reducing out impact on the planet, and creating a fairer world for us all. In this full day session, we will explore permaculture theory and application. By the end of the day you will be familiar with permaculture ethics and have a good grasp of its core principles. You will also be introduced to the design process that allows us to practically apply permaculture theory to the world around us.
This session will include a walk around Loural to look at examples of self-sufficient and sustainable systems. By the time you leave us you will understand what permaculture is and be able to start making changes in your own life on the path towards a sustainable lifestyle. you will also know a lot more about the place you are staying and what Loural Village is doing to promote ecological sustainability.
Location: Loural Village – indoors and ourdoors
This course is provided by 2 experienced permaculture teachers.
Price & Details:
- €50 per person
- Please book a session through Inês and indicate your availability (time and date).
- We offer a group discount if you book for 5 or more people. Please contact Inês for details.
- Up to 2 kids (under the age of 16) can attend the walk for free, per group. Any additional kids can attend for half price (€25) each.
- Please let us know if you are bringing kids so we can prepare for this and note that children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We advise to wear shoes that you feel comfortable walking in and a notebook and pen for taking notes if you want to. We will stop for a break half way through the day, so please arrange for any refreshment (food, drink) that you think you may need.
- If there is a particular topic or area of interest that you would like us to focus on during the course of the day, please mention this to Inês when you make your booking.